DEEP SKY WEST ASTROPHOTOGRAPHY FORUMS

Forum Navigation
Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumDSW Member Images: Post Images HereNGC 6729
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

NGC 6729

an object that is unreachable from my location in Europe. So a top target for "our" TOA-150 in Chile.

Postprocessing in PixInsight and Maxim DL

Uploaded files:
  • NGC6726_email.jpg

Nice image.

Tim

Well done. I love targets like that with a rich variety of complementary objects.  You've got a globular cluster, a reflection nebula, molecular clouds, a touch of emission nebula in the middle it looks like, and a great dynamic indicating motion in the structure of the objects.  Great framing of an interesting FOV.

Scott Stirling
Graham, NC

This result with the bright star is the first time I have ever seen this happen after integration with any camera or data yet.  Wondering how this happens as even with Vega, Antares, Sirius and Rigel on other cameras I've not seen this when using STF to stretch the result (linear).

Attaching RGB and L, after DrizzleIntegration of all the masters.

Scott S
Graham, NC

Uploaded files:
  • Screen-Shot-2019-08-17-at-5.40.56-PM.png
  • Screen-Shot-2019-08-17-at-5.40.23-PM.png

Re the black holes in some stars:  they're not there in regular Integration output.  They are only in the DrizzleIntegration output.  I found a thread on Pixinsight forum suggesting the cause may be the pixel rejection in DrizzleIntegration.  I have disabled that option and am integrating again ...

SS
Graham, NC

Update: disabling the pixel rejection option on DrizzleIntegration fixed it - no more black pixels in stars! Just FYI.

Scott S

The saga continues.  DrizzleIntegration results are sub par when pixel rejection is disabled.  There's a satellite trail that showed up in the G integration, and the R has some noise pixels very noticeable in the dark nebulosity (see pic).

Still noodling it.  This data is way clearer than the Centaurus A data was, much stronger signal.  Pretty hard to find any background  gradient in this data, it's so crystal.

Scott Stirling
Graham, NC

Uploaded files:
  • Screen-Shot-2019-08-18-at-9.06.32-AM.png